Global Fashion Agenda is looking for an outgoing and structured intern to support its Public Affairs team. The paid internship begins end at the start of the September 2023 and lasts five months (flexible to accommodate feasibility of higher education institution). The internship can be based either at the GFA office in Copenhagen or remote.
You will assist the Public Affairs Team at Global Fashion Agenda. At GFA we envision a policy framework where legislative and policy initiatives incentivise and appropriately support the fashion industry to become circular and thus more sustainable. Global Fashion Agenda proactively advocates for policy changes and supportive measures that reinforce sustainability targets and prompt policymakers to take informed action to foster necessary change. Our goal is to convene and connect relevant policymakers with fashion industry decision-makers in a collaborative effort to effectively accelerate the fashion industry’s sustainability performance. We aim to reach this goal by educating policymakers about the issues at hand and by ensuring policy developments provide support to the industry’s sustainability efforts.
As Public Affairs Assistant (intern), you will be trusted with areas across the planning and execution of our global policy engagement strategy.
• Assist in the planning and execution of policy activities as part of GFA´s policy engagement strategy (Including in the framework of the forthcoming Global Fashion Summit Boston as well as for COP 28) and around GFA´s Impact initiatives (Circular Fashion Partnership, Global Circular Fashion Forum, GFA Monitor, etc.).
• Assist in the monitoring of EU/other funding opportunities around fashion and sustainability.
• Participate in events, webinars, and other formats to keep up to date on policy developments.
• Assist in the making of the bi-monthly public affairs newsletter.
• Assist in the work around the European Commission Pact for Skills.
• Research and monitoring key policies impacting textiles (i.e., waste, ecodesign, transparency, recycling innovation, overproduction).
• Help in the update of stakeholder/initiatives mappings and communication material.
• Support the Public Affairs team in any ad hoc tasks such as setting up meetings, ppts, etc.
• Assist with office tasks together with the organisation’s other interns and student workers.
• A solid knowledge of global public policies (preferably gained through a previous or an ongoing relevant degree). Good understanding of EU policymaking and institutions is a plus.
• Experience in deciphering and synthesizing complex political and legislative texts.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
• Fluency in English, in particular excellent writing skills.
• Skills to interact and engage with external stakeholders diplomatically.
• A high level of accuracy and pay attention to detail.
• Interest in working in a fast pace, dynamic, challenging and team-oriented environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with project management tools is a plus.
• A proactive, self-motivated, outgoing team player who can work independently and take on responsibility for assignments.
• Passionate about the fashion industry and sustainability.
Global Fashion Agenda (GFA) is a non-profit organisation that fosters industry collaboration on sustainability in fashion to accelerate impact.
Our vision is to accelerate the fashion industry towards a net positive industry for people and the planet. An industry that puts back more into society, the environment, and the global economy than it takes out. To drive this change and spark action, we’re on a mission to mobilise, inspire, influence and educate all stakeholders. We have been leading the sustainability movement since 2009 and are behind the renowned international forum on sustainability in fashion, Global Fashion Summit, the Innovation Forum, thought leadership publications including Fashion CEO Agenda and Fashion on Climate and impact programmes including the Circular Fashion Partnership.
Our company values are empowerment, fellowship, and ingenuity. These values are used as guiding pillars for our work projects and are brought to life in our internal culture and work ethic. GFA is an international team based in Copenhagen, with English as the office language. We embrace and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and encourage all applicants regardless of age, race, nationality, sexual orientation, disability, sex and gender identity, religion, or political affiliation to apply for vacancies.