Global Fashion Agenda’s impact is growing, so we are looking for a highly driven and ambitious colleague to join us on the next chapter of our journey as we unlock the next level for the industry. As Digital Communications Coordinator, you will report to the Head of Communications and join an agile communications team which is responsible for spreading awareness about all of GFA’s activities, including its thought leadership publications, impact initiatives and the leading international forum on sustainability in fashion, Global Fashion Summit. Based in Copenhagen, this role will focus on social media content creation, website maintenance, and support with general digital communication tasks for the organisation.
Main responsibilities include:
- Executing a creative and impactful social media strategy: maintaining the social media calendar, drafting captions and scheduling content across social media platforms
- Development of assets for social media platforms; including ideation, design briefs, and other creative tasks
- Website Updates: Handling ongoing updates, editing web body text and images, creating web pages
- Handling the day-to-day relationship with website agencies – including task briefs and execution
- Supporting the functionality of online events such as webinars
- Community management on social media
- Creation of newsletters – selecting images, setting up in MailChimp and sometimes drafting texts
- Capturing social media content at key events including Global Fashion Summit
- Analyse digital communications performance and report results
- Consistently keeping track of wider digital trends and sharing insights with the team
- Assist with office tasks when the organisation’s interns need support
The ideal candidate has:
- Passion for sustainability, social media and content creation
- 2+ years of working experience and a bachelor or master’s degree within marketing, communications, web design, or a related field
- Experience in coordinating digital projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of social scheduling/ reporting tools and digital tools e.g. WordPress including how to amend/ update webpages
- Basic knowledge of graphic design and related software skills, e.g. Photoshop, Capcut and MailChimp
- A strong sustainability vocabulary and understanding of the sensitivities/nuances within sustainability communications
- Fluency in English (native is preferred) with exceptional writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Highly organised and self motivated, with strong skills in time management, planning and meeting deadlines
- Interest in working in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented work environment
- Business acumen, action-orientated mindset and a drive for results
- Strong writing skills translating off-line content into engaging online content
- A proven track record of delivering impactful social media results
About Global Fashion Agenda
Global Fashion Agenda (GFA) is a non-profit organisation that fosters industry collaboration on sustainability in fashion to accelerate impact. With the vision of a net positive fashion industry, it drives action by mobilising, inspiring, influencing and educating all stakeholders.
The organisation has been leading the movement since 2009 and presents the renowned international forum on sustainability in fashion, Global Fashion Summit in core fashion regions around the world. GFA influences policy through its advocacy efforts including the Global Textiles Policy Forum, publishes thought leadership including The GFA Monitor, Fashion CEO Agenda and Fashion on Climate, implements impact programmes including the Circular Fashion Partnership and the Global Circular Fashion Forum, presents educational guidance through the GFA Academy, and connects companies with solutions through the Innovation Forum,
Working in partnership with a wide ecosystem of companies and organisations across the value chain, GFA spearheads the fashion industry’s journey towards a more sustainable future. Through its work, GFA reaches thousands of stakeholders including brands, innovators, NGOs, policy makers, manufacturers, investors and more.
Our company values are empowerment, fellowship and ingenuity. These values are used as guiding pillars for our work projects and are brought to life in our internal culture and work ethic.
GFA is an international team, with headquarters in Copenhagen and English as the office language. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and encourage all applicants regardless of age, race, nationality, sexual orientation, disability, sex and gender identity, religion or political affiliation to apply for vacancies.
Taking place on the May 21-23 2024, the Global Fashion Summit, acknowledged as the leading international platform for sustainability in the fashion sector, will once again assemble in Copenhagen. Established in 2009, the summit is widely recognized as a pivotal hub for substantial discussions addressing crucial environmental, social, and ethical issues impacting the industry, individuals, and the global ecosystem.
The theme of the upcoming Global Fashion Summit is ‘Unlocking The Next Level.’ Inspired by a significant milestone, 2024 marks 15 years since the inaugural Global Fashion Summit. This year will provide content experiences with a focused emphasis on tangible impact, aiming to bring together essential stakeholders in the fashion sector, including designers, youth representatives, industry leaders, and delegates from investment, policy, and NGOs.
To bring Global Fashion Summit 2024 to life, we are seeking passionate volunteers to work from within, be a part of the buzz, and contribute to the world’s leading sustainable fashion summit.
The task you’ll be involved in:
· Setting up on Build-day before the summit.
· Check-in and welcome guest at the entrance.
· Help guest with various questions and guidance.
· Help in all areas of the summit and assist on side events if needed.
· Break-down after the last summit day.
As a volunteer you’ll be the face of the Global Fashion Summit 2024 and will play a pivotal role as a friendly face guiding and assisting some of the most influential voices in the fashion industry.
We are looking for individuals who embody:
· Fluent in English
· Helpful and organized.
· Good hosting abilities.
Applying for this volunteer position presents a unique opportunity to directly influence the largest summit in the world for fashion sustainability. By actively participating, you can contribute to making a meaningful impact while immersing yourself in the distinctive energy surrounding the Global Fashion Summit. Please apply via the application form linked below.
Please note that when applying, you are not secured a position at the Summit before you have received an email from us with an answer. You will receive this answer within the first week of March.
It is a requirement that you can travel to Denmark and be available between 20th–23th of May 2024. In return-and as a thanks for your valuable help-we will provide you with our exclusive on-demand library to the value of €299, a Global Fashion Summit 2024 t-shirt, a letter of recommendation, a special gift from the Summit team, and finally–some exciting and meaningful days at the heart of the world’s center of sustainable fashion.
As Global Fashion Summit is committed to diversity and inclusion, we encourage all ages, races, nationalities, sexual orientation, disabilities, sex and gender identity, religion or political affiliation to apply for vacancies. If you have any questions regarding the application, please write: email@example.com
- Global Fashion Agenda, the organiser of Global Fashion Summit, is a non-profit organisation that is working to accelerate sustainability in the fashion industry. As such, many individuals enthusiastically support our cause and willingly choose to donate their time and skills to support the organisation, learn more about sustainability and help to advance progress.
- Global Fashion Summit offers up to 50 volunteers/support crew from across the globe the opportunity to experience the landmark leadership forum which they would otherwise have been unable to attend. During the four-day period, volunteers can gain practical knowledge and skills related to the execution of a large-scale event, deepen their understanding of fashion and its impact, build a community with fellow passionate volunteers, and interact with attendees.